UN Women Kyrgyzstan Country office seeks to appoint consultants to provide written translation and verbal (consecutive and simultaneous) interpretationand proofreading and editing services on a retainer basis as needed as stipulated below.
UN Women country office requires services of individual contractor/s specializing in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation services, translation services as well as proofreading/editing documents and reports for the languages below:
1) English-Russian, vice versa;
2) Kyrgyz-Russian, vice versa;
3) English-Kyrgyz, vice versa
Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Qualified candidates can apply for one of the following services:
- Translation services: Written translation of reports, documents, presentations, manuals, correspondence. Separate rates for standard delivery of services and/or expedited delivery of services;
- Interpretation services: Simultaneous or consecutive interpretation during meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings and discussion. Separate rate for taking notes during events (should be requested separately by service requestor).
- Editing/revision/proofreading of translations.
The consultants are expected to provide quality services. Payment for services are based on quality check and certification by the service requestor. Interpretation services may be required offline/in person or online using Zoom, MS Teams, other online meeting platforms. The consultants are expected to have all resources required to perform services (equipment, internet, etc).
Terms of Reference defining further details can be accessed here.
Applications should be submitted not later than 28 February 2021 Bishkek time by sending all required documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Translator”.